Monday, July 2, 2007

Kicked Out


The Grove did not allow overnight camping for the iPhone. Keep in mind, the Grove is an Outdoor Mall. I was scoping the place out since the night before, to see if people were actually trying to form a line. On Thursday evening at 7PM, it was fairly normal at The Grove, around 11PM there were some folks walking around with backpacks, but no line. I checked back once more around 12:30pm to find two people waiting by The Apple Store. They said that security allowed them to stay, but not form a line.

I went back home to try to catch some shut eye, but could not sleep, I was too excited over the iPhone. Funny thing is, the night before, I dreamt that I was actually running across a mall to beat everyone else to the Apple Store.

I went back to The Grove a little before 3:30AM, and to my surprise, no one was outside The Apple Store. I take it they got kicked out. A few more folks showed up, including the famous Mav from MacRumors.com. (Mav was the guy who posted all the details of how each the Apple Stores in Century City, Beverly Center, and The Grove were going to run the iPhone launch.) However, security kicked us out.

I didn't want to go back home, and had nothing to do. I talked to the security outside The Apple Store, and asked if there was anything open this late/early, but to nothing except a local cafe was open. Mav and his wife came in to join in on the conversation. Likewise, the security still kept folks from forming a line.

No comments: